INTERNATIONAL BACCALAUREATE DIPLOMA PROGRAMME
Doğa Schools has made a mark in education since it was founded in Beykoz, Istanbul, in 2002. Doğa’s principles for democracy and freedom are a part of all Doğa’s campuses to ensure that each student grows with these principles in a natural environment. Since it was founded, Doğa has been working to realize this vision while simultaneously striving to increase the quality and rigor of its education.
Doğa students enjoy a school life with a strong academic curriculum and a wide variety of social activities. Doğa aims to enrich students’ educational experience by meeting the highest technological standards with interactive smartboards along with i-tools of the course materials. There are more than 130 Doğa Campuses across Turkey, all of which are within the jurisdiction of the Turkish Ministry of Education.
The programme is a comprehensive two-year international curriculum that generally allows students to fulfill the requirements of their national education systems. The Diploma Programme incorporates the best elements of national systems, without being based on any one. It was born of efforts to establish a common curriculum and university entry…
The IB Diploma Programme at Acarkent Doğa High School
- The fact that the IB Diploma Programme promotes a critical and inquiry-based approach to learning rather than one based on memorization makes for a more effective learner whom the university entrance examination will suit.
- The IB Diploma Programme furnishes the student with academic skills that will stand them in good stead at university.
- The IB Diploma Programme promotes a rigour in both thinking and work habits that will play an important role in a student’s preparation for the university entrance examination.
Students who successfully complete the IB Diploma Programme put themselves in the way of entering the world’s most prestigious universities. The IB Diploma programme aims to train young learners who are researchers, knowledgeable, highly self-confident, have the various perspectives on processes, curious, critical thinkers with advanced analysis and synthesis skills, helping to create a better and more peaceful world with intercultural understanding and respect. For this reason, the IB Programme is an education system that prepares not only for the university, but also for life in accordance with its philosophy. The IB Education Curriculum acquisitions enable students to develop different perspectives and to think creatively and originally. The program, which has an academic and social multi-faceted content, is accepted by many universities around the world due to this educational philosophy.
Our Overseas College Counseling department helps the students who want to go on their university education abroad and their families during this process. There are many educational opportunities all around the world for students. Our aim is to be able to place the students in the most appropriate program that addresses to the interest, skills and aims of them among the thousands of choices. We have been guiding our students in school search, application completion and decision processes.
We help all our students from 9th grade to 11th grade who want to study abroad and their parents plan their future by conducting individual meetings.
The application process begins with an informative meeting that is held in December and the IB Diploma Program is introduced to our 10th grade students. After all the information process steps listed below, our students who decide to attend the diploma program and have the required conditions fill in the IB Diploma Program application form. Process dates are announced at the beginning of each academic year. The application process for students and their parents who are studying in the 10th grade ends at the end of May of the 10th grade.
At Acarkent Doğa Anadolu Lisesi each teacher becomes responsible for bringing the policy to life under his or her own terms. Language teaching is an ongoing educational process. We are convinced that language and subject teaching should not be considered in isolation. So we believe ,all teachers are language teachers as language transcends curriculum areas. Our teachers have a responsibility to promote literacy. Moreover, not only are all teachers language teachers, they are also policy makers.
We always keep in mind that moving from language policy development to implementation requires a process by which teachers must first develop awareness and build knowledge of the LP in order to successfully implement it in their classrooms. We know that the development of language is a key to communicate.
- Can a student participating in the IB Diploma program get the high school diploma given by the Ministry of National Education?
- In which years of high school education is the IB Diploma Program applied?
- When are the IB Diploma Program exams held?
- Can students who qualify for an IB Diploma settle in to university without examination in Turkey?
- Are the course hours of students included in the IB Program longer than that of non-IB students?
- How is student selection done for the IB Diploma Program?Click to See All Questions